It has been a great year for WORD.
Through this post, it is a summary of reflection on the various activities that we have implemented during this year.
- Integrated Community Development Program supported by South Central India Network for Development Alternatives (SCINDeA Network), Yelagiri Hills.
- Revolving Fund for Relief of Poor program supported by Terre des Hommes, Netherlands.
- Special Schools for Child Labourers in Namakkal District supported by National Child Labour Program (NCLP), Government of India.
- Market Linked Vocational Training Program on Tailoring Program in 7 locations in Tamilnadu supported by Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd.
- Distribution of Relief Materials to the Cyclone Gaja affected Thiruvarur and Thanjavur Districts in Tamilnadu with the support of Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd.
- Conduct Free Health Care Camps in Salem, Erode, Trichy, Thiruvarur and Thanjavur Districts with the support of Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd.
- Vocational Training Program on Beauty Care for Women in 2 locations ( Erode and Salem) in Tamilnadu supported by Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd.
- Litclub Program supported by Litworld, USA.
- Reduce the Risks of Young Women in Textile Industries in Namakkal District supported by Freedom Fund, USA.
- Entrepreneurship Promotion among the women affected by HIV/AIDS supported by Microcredit for Mothers, Netherlands.
- Menstrual Hygiene Management Program for Adolescent Girls and Women supported by Fullerton India Credit Company & RealRelief Denmark.
- Improve the working environments & Addressing the Issues of Sexual Exploitation in the Textile Industries for Women through the formation of Internal Complaints Committees & Works Committees in Erode District Supported by SAVE/ Sustainable Textile Alliance, Germany.